This is the end result of my first DIY venture. I’m happy with it, I love the colour, I love the way it looks in my apartment but I just don’t like the execution.
Where I went wrong:
- I did not sand the surface I’m extremely lazy I thought it would look good anyway
- I ran out of paint after the 2nd coat, next time buy some more paint
- I didn’t remove the handles and painted over them which has left me with handles that are stuck to the drawers and to remove them I have to lift the paint (fail!)
- I haven’t sealed the furniture, only after I finished the painting did I realise I should apply a clear top coat over this. Why didn’t I think of this after all I apply a top coat over my nail polish!